Friday, December 18, 2009

Obama's Grade

Dear Victorious,

Barack Obama recently said he would give himself a "solid B+" in terms of his performance thus far in his presidency. Would you agree? If not, what rating would you give him?

Juan M. - Santa Rosa, CA

Dear Juan,

No, I don't agree that Obama's performance would rate him a B+. I suspect that few of his constituents would give him such a rating either. My overall take is that he oversold himself in his campaigning. At the same time, I highly suspect he underestimated the size of the challenge ... and is probably feeling a bit overwhelmed if he'd be honest about it.

America has some very serious challenges in front of it right now. I'm not sure that anyone we could have elected would have really done much better than Obama. While I didn't vote for him, I believe it is my responsibility to respect and uphold him as our President. To that end, I regularly pray that God gives him wisdom, discernment and courage to steer the course. (You should too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment