Friday, December 31, 2010

Hope in the World

Dear Victorious,

The world seems to be in miserable shape. Problems are all around us. Political leaders just seem to shower us with rhetoric. And religious leaders, one after the other, just fail and disappoint us. Honestly, where do you see hope in the world?

Eva N. - Fremont, NE

Dear Eva,

Of course I see hope in the world. Lots of it. But let's be clear, there is no hope without God. All hope is grounded in Jesus Christ. That said, I see hope in several places, but can cite two that are especially encouraging.

First, I see great hope in tomorrow's leaders. There are young people coming up today who are full of potential and promise. They're focused on God. They're authentic. They genuinely love others. I'm so encouraged when I get the privilege of working with them and see who we're turning this world over to in the next generation. Pray for them. They're hope for tomorrow.

Second, I see great hope in the willingness of God's people to repent. More and more I see people stepping out of denial, facing their demons, and engaging in the spiritual warfare that God Himself calls us to. These people are not who they want to be, and don't live the way they want to live. But they're willing to get honest about why and look in the mirror for personal accountability. In my own personal ministry, I mentor people like that and I've never been busier. There aren't enough hours in the day for me to meet the demand these people have for coaching. They're ready to take the bull by the horns and make some hard decisions for the sake of God's Kingdom. Pray for them. They're hope for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment