Saturday, December 4, 2010

Enough Faith?

Dear Victorious,

I've been a Christ-follower for many years now. I actually can't remember any time in my life when I wasn't. Lately I've been involved in some discussion in a small group about faith. How do you know if you have enough faith? What would be the definition "enough faith?"

Marti K. - Ponca City, OK

Dear Marti,

I believe the best definition of enough faith might be better stated as an effective faith. By that I mean a faith which results in changed behaviors. People with an effective faith, for example, make decisions not based on circumstances, popular opinion or even what seems wise and prudent. Rather effective faith causes decisions to be made against who God is, what God promises, and who we are in Christ.

Don't worry about having enough faith. Frankly, none of us can decide to have faith or to make a decision to have more faith. Faith, especially an effective faith, is simply the result of an intimate relationship with God. Matthew 6:33 tells us to, "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and all His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you." Spend your time and focus making pursuit of God and His righteous ways your highest priority. When you do, all the faith in the world will be "added unto you."

No comments:

Post a Comment