Thursday, December 30, 2010

Changing the Face of Christianity

Dear Victorious,

You've endorsed this thing called Changing the Face of Christianity, and said it's necessary because the face of Christianity is so tainted by the behavior of the Christians. So why haven't you done something to change the so-called face of Christianity? I mean, why aren't you its champion?

Heather B. - The Colony, TX

Dear Heather,

The truth? Because I'm such a loud-mouthed, opinionated oaf with near zero skills in diplomacy that nobody will listen to me. I tried to do it. Honestly I did. But even in my own church, my efforts ended up looking more like divisiveness sent from Satan than leadership sent from God. There are better men (and women) out there for this job than me. If there's a role for me in a public campaign like that, it has yet to be discovered. Until then, it seems best that I be supportive of the people who can provide the effective leadership that campaigns like this require.

No comments:

Post a Comment