Saturday, December 11, 2010

Sordid Past

Dear Victorious,

Okay, you always come off as being so righteous. It seems that you possess all the Biblical wisdom one could ask for. And certainly your decision-making abilities seem so profound. How could anyone be this smart or this lucky?

Adam R. - Frisco, TX

Dear Adam,

I'm afraid you've misread me. The truth is that I am an ignorant sinner who can't find his way out of a paper bag! I spent hours and hours each week reading my Bible, searching for context and trying to find practical application of Biblical principles as God reveals them to me in His Word.

I am a born-again Christian ... with a sordid past. Quite frankly, if I shared my testimony here you'd be surprised at how sordid it is. As a matter of fact, before I came to Christ, my character was quite devoid of anything even resembling virtue. I was a liar, greedy, selfish, manipulative --- you can see where this is going. Simply put, I'm a hopeless sinner in desperate need of a Savior. If I didn't have that Savior, I cannot imagine that I would even still be alive today. Surely my own sinful ways would have destroyed me.

Please don't think I'm any better than the worst sinner in the world. I'm not. And that's the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment