Monday, December 27, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

Dear Victorious,

I'm curious. Do you have any New Year's resolutions? And what has been your experience with them in the past? Have you been able to keep them?

Keith C. - Monroe, LA

Dear Keith,

I don't make New Year's resolutions any more. There are always things I'd like to see changed in my life. Mostly those are my responses to situations I encounter - such as physical pain or conflict. But I have learned that I cannot simply make a resolution or resolve to change my own thinking.

I can only be transformed by the renewing of my mind through time spent in God's Word and time spent walking with God, live life on His terms. I used to make New Year's resolutions - and every single one of them, year after year, ended in utter failure. It was very disheartening. I find it is very freeing now not to make resolutions. I just take those things to God and trust Him to work out my righteousness in His timing and in His ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment