Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Virgin Again

Dear Victorious,

I was a chaperon with our church's youth group summer camp this past year. The speaker was very charismatic and the teens all seemed to rally around whatever it was he was talking about each day. But one of the things he spoke of puzzled me. I've asked several of my friends about it and still can't seem to get my head around it. He said that even if someone had lost their virginity, they could reclaim it and be a virgin for their future spouse anyway. How could such a thing be possible?

Elias O. - Lubbock, TX

Dear Elias,

Physically such a thing would not be possible. However, spiritually, emotionally, mentally and every other way but physically, it would be possible if there were sincere repentance on the part of the fornicator. Fornication (sex before marriage) and adultery (sex outside of one's marriage) are both sexual sins that can be repented of. When true repentance and turning from these sins occurs, God restores the condition of the heart and blesses the future of that heart. I believe this would have been the context which your youth retreat speaker was referring to.

No comments:

Post a Comment