Sunday, February 28, 2010

Still Sin?

Dear Victorious,

You seem like a pretty godly man. Do you still sin? And if you do, which sin(s) do you find the most troubling? Why?

Jacob R. - Pensacola, FL

Dear Jacob,

I'm not sure what the definition of a godly man would really be. Frankly, I probably used to have a good grasp of that. However, the closer I get to the Lord, the more preposterous the notion of human godliness becomes.

Yes, of course I still sin. I am a terrible sinner ... in desperate need of a Savior.

My most troubling sins are the ones I commit against the people I love most. Of course all of my sins are committed against God, whom I love even more than people. But when I commit a sin against someone whom I think highly of, my level of guilt and shame are considerably greater - as the enemy (Satan) tries to use those sins to condemn me.

No comments:

Post a Comment