Monday, February 1, 2010

Dave Ramsey

Dear Victorious,

You've been trashing Dave Ramsey in your blog lately. Why do you dislike him so much?

Ralph C. - Waterloo, IA

Dear Ralph,

I don't dislike Dave Ramsey, and I don't believe I've trashed him. I have been a fan of his ministry for years. He's done a lot of people a world of good. However, I've recently been hearing him say things on his radio show that don't line up with Biblical principles. Moreover, they don't even line up with Dave's own teachings.

Mr. Ramsey's bitterness and resentment toward lenders and other creditors is inappropriate. Demonizing them and coaching people on how to retaliate against them are inappropriate. And that requires a course correction.

I'll continue to be a fan of Dave Ramsey's ministry. But if you read my blog(s) you also know I've written about the Biblical mandate to test everything we're taught, no matter who is teaching it. And Dave Ramsey is no exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment