Saturday, February 6, 2010

Political Party

Dear Victorious,

Are you a Republican or a Democrat?

Harvey A. - Nashua, NH

Dear Harvey,

Good question. I wish I had a good answer for you. Officially I'm registered as a Republican. However, I have never voted along party lines. I vote the candidates and the issues independently and always have. I couldn't imagine voting any other way. The Republicans and Democrats both have some good ideology. But they both fall apart on execution when they give in to partisanship, cronyism, pork barrel spending and other flaws of human nature.

I've always said that "mankind is too stupid to rule himself." The Republicans and the Democrats get better and better at proving my point all the time. I'd like both of them to trade in their ideology for a little dose of reality. And I'd like them to start making the best decisions for the good of the whole country (versus the good of the various factions in it). Of course that would require that they stay focused on the real priorities in this country. They've never been very good at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment