Tuesday, February 23, 2010

God Loves Us

Dear Victorious,

Do you really think that God loves us? I mean, I know what the Bible says. But besides what it says or what He does, what tangible evidence do we have that God really loves us?

Nathan R. - Germantown, MD

Dear Nathan,

Yes, of course I believe that God loves us. I also think about that too - quite a bit actually. But I see your point. It is incredible that God does love us. It is so incredible as to be unbelievable. But then that is the whole human experience with God ... to believe the unbelievable. God Himself is rather unbelievable from a human perspective - simply because He lives so far outside of what the human mind can comprehend.

What tangible evidence do we have that God really loves us? I think the most convincing evidence is that He chooses, and has chosen for centuries, to communicate with us. He has sent prophets, burning bushes, stone tablets, and a whole host of other communications to us. He sends His Holy Spirit even now, and continues to raise up new prophets through whom He speaks. But look at these in their totality, and ask yourself why He would do that. If God didn't care about us, what would be the point?

Frankly, that He wants to talk to us is the most compelling evidence I find that God loves us.

No comments:

Post a Comment