Friday, February 12, 2010

Signed Letters

Dear Victorious,

I find it hard to believe that all of the people who write to you would sign their names and locations. Frankly, it seems like you just make up these letters and names. Care to explain?

Monty T. - Rio Rancho, NM

Dear Monty,

You are not the first to pose such a question. However, you are one of the few who signed your name. It's true that not all the letters I get are signed and identify their location. However, I was quickly creeped out by crackpots who wouldn't sign their name. So some time ago I decided to make that my boundary for civility. Anyone who doesn't sign their name and city gets a reply asking them to re-submit their question with their name and location. If they don't, I don't respond to them. And keep in mind that, to this point at least, I only answer one letter per day in my blog. That means not all letters get answered in the blog. So you're definitely not seeing the totality of letters I get or my responses.

No comments:

Post a Comment