Thursday, January 6, 2011

Changing the Face of Christianity

Q: You've endorsed your friend who runs this non-profit, Changing the Face of Christianity. Yet he's a former atheist and hasn't really been a Christian very long. Does he have seminary training? How do you know he's right about the beliefs he's espousing? How do you know he can really succeed in this endeavor?

A: I have prayed with the man and have become convinced that he's responding to (i.e., obeying) God in this matter. I'm not aware that he has any formal theological training. But I don't believe that's required for someone to be used by God to do a great work. Said differently, I don't believe seminary is Biblical. (Yes, I really did just say that!) I've tested what he's said (i.e., "the beliefs he's espousing") against God's Word and find them to be accurate beliefs.

As far as the mission of Changing the Face of Christianity succeeding, that's a broad category. We haven't for example, defined what success would look like. Even if we do define it, I suspect it may not be achievable in one lifetime. Frankly, the face of Christianity won't change until the face of the Christians change. If Brad and his team can get even one more Christian to step up to the plate and actually live for Christ, I'd consider it a worthwhile effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment