Friday, January 14, 2011

Astrology

Q: My girlfriend likes to read her horoscope each day. She even posts it on Facebook. I think I read somewhere though that astrology isn't something Christians should be involved in. But my girlfriend goes to church and everyone who knows her would talk about how serious she is about her faith. Can she really be following her horoscope as a Christian?

A: No she cannot. Astrology falls under the category of the occult. As such, Christ-followers are to have nothing to do with it. Palm reading, Tarot cards, fortune telling, Ouija boards and other forms of entertainment are of the devil (seriously) and are open doors to demons. Christ-followers should have nothing to do with such things. Moreover, the Bible says we aren't even to be entertained by such things. So even though it may be fun to see what my horoscope says today, I'm playing with fire. All of these forms of "advice" are considered sorcery, of the devil and forbidden for Christians. Deuteronomy 18:10-12 says they are "detestable to God."

No comments:

Post a Comment