Friday, October 15, 2010

Life Insurance

Dear Victorious,

My brother-in-law is selling life insurance, and of course has tried to put the squeeze on me and my wife. I think that buying life insurance is really just a form of not trusting God. Isn't that right?

Marvin T. - Bellaire, TX

Dear Marvin,

No, I don't think that's right. In the Biblical context, the church and the extended family (brothers) are to care for the widow. However, most churches and extended families don't execute that responsibility very well. Unfortunately, that was God's plan for taking care of widows. I believe then that life insurance is God's backup plan. He gives you the ability to purchase life insurance to protect your loved ones. And after your death, I'm quite certain your wife will agree that life insurance is a gift from God, a true blessing. Buy some now.

No comments:

Post a Comment