Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Space Worries

Dear Victorious,

I saw your letter today about space aliens and other life forms that God may have made. If you were an astronaut, what worries do you think you'd have in space (other than getting stranded there).

Marci S. - Redondo Beach, CA

Dear Marci,

If I were an astronaut in space, or on the space station, I expect some of my worries or concerns would be similar to other forms of travel. I'd care about the welfare of my family in my absence. I'd pray that they be taken care of and that God protect their hearts should I fail to return. And of course I'd pray for a safe journey! But there are a couple of other things I'd be thinking about.

First, what might happen if Christ returned to earth while I am away (from it)? Would I get taken out of space? Or would I simply watch out the window and hope He stuck around until I got back?

Second, what's going on in space that we don't know about? We know a lot about space these days. But the thing we don't know is what we don't know. In other words, do we know enough about the limitations of our knowledge when it comes to space?

Fortunately, I'm old and unlikely to ever have to face such questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment