Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Offensive Mail

Dear Victorious,

Someone posted comments on your blog last week that were extremely derogatory to Christianity. (They were responding to your post about an ancient Bible being made available to the public on-line.) As a Christian myself, I found it offensive. Why haven't you deleted it?

Susan G. - Irving, TX

Dear Susan,

I didn't delete it (yet) because I've been considering the merits of free speech. It doesn't escape me that this individual is reading my blog. You have to ask yourself why. While they haven't posted as comments, I've received other responses to my blog from people who absolutely do not share my faith in Jesus Christ. But like I said, it doesn't escape me that they are reading my unabashedly Christian blog. You have to ask yourself why.

It occurs to me that perhaps a little more tolerance on the dialogue of religion would go a long way to further the cause of truth. It is my blog and I reserve the right to delete any comments I want to. But as of today, I am not inclined to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment