Saturday, April 4, 2009

President's Priorities

Dear Victorious,

If you were elected President of the U.S., what would be the most important thing for you to do?

Voting Age

Dear Voting,

If I were elected president, the most important thing I could do is to confront Congress about their fiscal irresponsibility. I would quickly get into a "show down at the OK corral" with the House and Senate over pork (earmarks). I would veto the first bill they sent me with pork in it. They would probably threaten to shut the country down by not funding anything. I would dare them to do it.

I would get the WhiteHouse.gov web site hosted by a non-government entity and pay them in advance to ensure no interruption in service. Then I'd list the phone numbers and e-mails of every single person in the House and Senate. I'd ask the people of America to blitz the offices of their elected representatives with demands for fiscal responsibility.

I would probably call a press conference and ask the American people to support me - but to brace themselves for the FAA to stop the airlines, the postal service to stop the mail, even Internet URL's wouldn't get issued - whilst I fought it out with Congress. Of course, I'd believe I could eventually prevail and Congress would be forced to change its behavior.

Once we stopped the moronic spending habits of our Congress, we would be able to start working on a realistic plan to retire the national debt. In my mind, this is what's most important for the president of the U.S. right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment