Sunday, September 19, 2010

Special Preachers

Dear Victorious,

Do you think that preachers are special people? I mean, do they have supernatural powers or insights that would make us think more highly of them?

LaVonda M. - Dallas, TX

Dear LaVonda,

I like to think of modern day preachers as Biblical prophets from the Old Testament or as Jesus' disciples from the New Testament. In that context, I believe they are anointed and ordained by God Himself. I expect their messages (sermons) to be fresh words from God Himself. So yes, I believe preachers are special people, with supernatural anointing.

The problem is when preachers sin or allow their own relationship with God to deteriorate. They compromise that anointing. Unfortunately, we may not know the status of the preacher's relationship with God when he preaches. So we still need to listen with a discerning ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment