Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wish List

Dear Victorious,

If you could ask God for anything and you knew He would give it to you, what would you ask Him for?

Chuck T. - Lufkin, TX

Dear Chuck,

That's a very good question. Today is my birthday, and my wife asked me what I wanted. I told her nothing. But the truth is that there are lots of things I would want. But there's nothing that my wife or my family are capable of giving me. (So I don't ask for it.)

If I could ask God for anything and knew that He'd give it to me, I suppose I would ask Him for righteousness. I would like to be sinless, without sin. I would like all of my motives to be pure. I would like all of my thoughts to be God-honoring. I'd like to see only what God sees in the world. I would like to hear only what God hears. And I'd like to think about everything with the mind of Christ - instead of the flawed mind that I currently possess.

I know that the process of sanctification will ultimately bring all these things about in me. But I don't want to wait. I'd ask for it all now.

No comments:

Post a Comment