Saturday, August 21, 2010

Obama Evil?

Dear Victorious,

It seems that many of the people who voted for Barack Obama have now turned against him. I read and hear much bashing of Obama now. Frankly, it's really ugly. Do you think Obama is evil and that he deserves this kind of treatment?

Kimberly E. - Chilicothe, OH

Dear Kimberly,

No, I don't think Obama deserves this kind of treatment. As our President, we need to remember that God, at a minimum, allowed this man to take this position. He deserves our respect for the office that he holds. Too many so-called Christians might be surprised to find that their sniping and gossiping are just as ungodly as whatever it is they think Obama is guilty of!

Do I think Obama is evil? No, I certainly don't. I suspect he is misguided and undiscipled. But I believe he is sincere and does what he thinks is best. I wish he were more grounded in Biblical truth and held fast to more Biblical principles. That said, it is my responsibility to pray for him and pray for those who advise and influence him.

No comments:

Post a Comment