Saturday, November 27, 2010

Obeying God

Dear Victorious,

What's the best way to go about obeying God? As a Christian, I want to obey Him but I often find that I don't. So I want to be more disciplined in that regard. Can you suggest some things I could do that would help me grow in obedience to Him?

Connie F. - Middleburg Heights, OH

Dear Clara,

It's good that you want to grow in your obedience to God. However, the fact of the matter is that humans are not capable of fully obeying God. Our sin nature gets in the way and wrecks even our best intentions. None of us is humanly capable of obeying God. Therefore, obedience is the result of a relationship with God. So if you want to grow your obedience to God, seek Him first. Grow your relationship with God. You will find that the obedience follows the relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment