Tuesday, November 23, 2010

God Knows Me

Dear Victorious,

I know that God knows even the number of hairs on my head. He knows everything about me too. But I have to confess that I'm not sure what difference it makes. If God is my creator, then what does it matter that He knows such and such about me?

Steve A. - Alliance, OH

Dear Steve,

It's true that there is no knowledge which God does not possess. In contrast, there is extensive knowledge that mankind will never master. On a personal level, God knows my every move. He knows all of my thoughts. He hears my every word.

God is intimately familiar with my methods, my values, passions, priorities, etc. He fully understands my thought patterns and the processes I use to make decisions. Perhaps the hardest to grasp is the fact that God knows the future ... anything that is yet to come about in me.

Perhaps the most important thing for us to realize when it comes to God knowing me is the extent to which He knows me. Aside from knowing what I know about myself and what others know about me, God knows what nobody else knows about me. And He knows things about me that I don't even know about myself!

So what does all this matter? I suppose there are lots of answers to a question like this. But for me, it means that God loves us. Consider when you are attracted to someone. What do you do next? You get to know them. It's a natural pattern for relationships. The more highly that we regard someone, the more we want to know about it. So the fact that God knows so much about me is a good indication of how He regards me.

No comments:

Post a Comment