Monday, November 29, 2010

Doesn't Compute

Dear Victorious,

You seem to believe that Christianity is the way to go. But as you look at Christianity today, is there anything that gives you cause to pause? I mean is there anything that doesn't compute for you?

Valerie N. - Lucas, TX

Dear Valerie,

Most certainly there is, but it is always on the part of the Christians themselves. I believe Jesus' plan for our lives is rock solid and that always computes. But I continue to be amazed that self-professed Christians can apparently read the same Bible I do and come to such different conclusions than I do.

For example, many western Christians today live luxurious lives. Really nice homes, cars, entertainment, etc. They live really, really good lives. But it amazes me that they can enjoy all the trappings of wealth --- and be so indifferent to the suffering of the poor around them. How can we Christians live so well when so many - even other Christians - are not? This doesn't compute for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment