Saturday, August 1, 2009

Prayer Requests

Dear Victorious,

What is the most important thing that we could pray for?

Hank F. - Sparks, NV

Dear Hank,

Well, some of the greatest Bible characters prayed for things like wisdom or courage. I think it's good that people pray for strength, patience and discernment too. But I believe there are two things that would be most important to pray for.

King David, in the book of Psalm 86:11, prayed that God would, "Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name."

What David was really asking for was:

1. God, teach me how to live, so that I can live life on your terms (and not my own).
2. God, give me an undivided heart, so that I may have an appropriate perspective about you.

Honestly, I can think of nothing that would be more important than these two prayer requests. They seem to trump everything else I could ever imagine praying for.

No comments:

Post a Comment